How your podiatrist in Hamden, CT, can treat your feet
Do your feet hurt? Are you having trouble wearing shoes? Have you been sidelined to the couch? If so, it’s time to get back on your feet and back in the action. Your podiatrist, Dr. Lori K. Paragas at CT Family Foot Care and Surgery in Hamden, CT can help you get relief from foot pain and back to living your life!
About Foot Pain
There are many possibilities concerning why you are suffering from foot pain. If you have injured your foot, play active sports, or had a fall, you could have a tendon or ligament problem, or even a fracture. You can do a lot to prevent these kinds of foot injuries, including making sure to:
- Wear the right footwear for the activity you are doing
- Wear more supportive, comfortable footwear and avoid going barefoot
- Do daily foot, ankle and toe stretches to improve flexibility
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
If you have heel pain, you might have plantar fasciitis, a common problem caused by overpronating (rolling your feet when you walk) or walking and standing on hard surfaces for long periods. This condition occurs when the plantar fascia, the thick band of tissue running across your heel, becomes inflamed. There are some simple home treatments to help reduce plantar fascia pain. You can try:
- Icing your heel several times each day
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
- Doing arch stretches several times each day
- Putting your feet up and taking weight off of them
These are just two of the many causes of foot pain. If you have tried home therapy and your foot pain continues or gets worse when you put weight on your feet, it’s time to see your podiatrist. At CT Family Foot Care and Surgery, Dr. Paragas offers a full range of services including custom orthotics and footwear, laser therapy, surgical treatment, and other therapies to get you back on your feet.
For more information about foot care and how your feet can feel better, call Dr. Lori K. Paragas's Hamden, CT, office today at (203) 288-0129!